Tuesday 15 December 2009

Taming The Tiger

Chinese astrology is a fascinating science. Most Chinese people live obsessively by the horoscope. They would consult astrologers or reference books before selecting a date for an important event. Even if you’re a non believer, the astrological readings can be painfully accurate and sometimes enlightening. For example, after a relationship has ended one may search for answers as to why the relationship broke down etc. You may find that internet compatibility matches provide some insight. Though, too often, we fall into the trap by believing all that we read, and that somehow make pretence that our reasonings are validated.

There are periods in my life, when I gregariously consult astrological charts. Usually before embarking on a relationship and after the relationship had ended. Even if the pre-relationship reading is negative, i.e. the relationship is fated to fail, do I follow the advice? Of course not! I will defy the laws of the celestial skies and convince myself that astrology is a load of bollocks and proceed to engage in courtship. Post-relationship readings, depresses me, as truths had been there black on white. Leading me to say ‘why didn’t I listen?’

Other than predicting your failures in love. Chinese astrology can be a great source of guidance to be harmonious with the environment and those creatures within it. The astrological recommendations combined with Feng Shui, I-Ching, Ku Bau, can prove to be life enriching. Five years ago, I really got into reading about Feng Shui and  for a few months became obsessed with it. Suddenly I started to notice my surroundings on a deeper level: designs of buildings, chairs, sofas, tables, knifes, vases….well basically everything the eye can see. I even applied the laws of Feng Shui to re-arrange the settings in my shop, even to the window displays, and made sure that at every meal the five elements (fire, water, wood, and earth, metal) were present. I became consciously aware that when ever I entered a bar or restaurant, I’d hesitate and cast an over view of the floor to pick the best table. Even if the maitre showed me to a table in which didn’t offer good Feng Shui, I would request another. In bars and cafes where I could choose the table to sit myself, I would sometimes be playing musical chair around different tables until I found a table which felt right. Feng Shui had enriched my life so much; that I wanted shared the gosspals. In the shop many customers received advice of how to improve their homes, their lives, colours they should wear and shouldn’t wear. At one stage, I thought perhaps I could become Feng Shui interior designer. The idea was quickly quashed as I recognised that couldn’t verbalise why particular changes would be beneficial. It just felt right, well to me at least.

Lately, I haven’t been sleeping very well. No matter how many hours I’d slept, during the day I was always tired. Yesterday, I realised that, two months ago, I had turned my bed 90 degrees clockwise so that the headboard faces south. But I- Ching sign recommends that east is my ideal direction. Where was the headboard before? North- East! As consolation, I had moved my office into the East room of the house and I’m facing east. Business has been very smooth since.

Most astrological websites brush on the twelve animals sign giving brief outline of personalities and love compatibilities. Some offer astrological reading combined with the elements. A few websites offer  deep readings combining Chinese astrology with other philosophies, but in exchange for payment. Normally, I don’t like paying with credit card on such pages; however, I did pay for an in depth reading before embarking in the last courtship. The reading I got was quite confusing. As you can see, it combined with western zodiac. The Chinese side, recommended a marriage counsellor, where as on the zodiac reading, stars were literally flying off the computer screen. So which do you believe? At this point I decided that I was more English than oriental and so dived into the relationship. It was a full blown tempest. I can truly say that as I’m Thunder in I-Ching.

The Angel Love Match Scores

Astrology Match            Zodiac Match                Kua Match
-6                                   99                                95

The range of Chinese astrology matching score is from -16 to 16. It’s considered a good match, if the score is equal to or greater than zero. The range of western zodiac score is from 50 to 95. A good match needs a score of 70 or more. Feng Shui Kua Number match is from 60 to 95. If a matching score is equal to 75 or greater, then that’s a good match. Certainly, the ideal match is that Chinese astrology matching score is not negative, western zodiac score is greater than 79 and Feng Shui Kua match is 80 or more.


Your Chinese astrology Match score is -6, which means you Need Marriage Advisors. (If this score is different from the free Fast Match in the website, this is because this report compares the HOUR columns in both of your birth chart.) The western zodiac match score is 99, that means your match is too good to be true. The Feng Shui Kua Number zodiac match score is 95. This score means you two are a wonderful pair.
You pass western Zodiac and Feng Shui matching tests. Both of you should be able to get along. Since you didn't pass the Chinese astrology test, you need more time to understand each other before a closer relationship. You can keep this relationship, because you pass two tests.

So now, I’m thinking, right, forget the astrological sprills and live life as a non believer. However, there’s a tiger prowling around. My astro tells me that I’m the only creature who can tame it, apparently!









2 comments:

  1. "As you can see, it combined with western zodiac. The Chinese side, recommended a marriage counsellor, where as on the zodiac reading, stars were literally flying off the computer screen."

    I experienced something similar... :)

    ReplyDelete