Tuesday 24 November 2009

Air Lifted

The last of the boxes have been collected and will be delivered to my clients across Europe within the next 2 days. All the shipments were air shipped to ensure hasty delivery. All that remains on my desk is the pile of 18 digit tracking barcodes as receipts of shipments. I have informed all the clients that their shipment have been picked up, provided them with the tracking number and a direct DHL website link. That’s the last I expect to hear from them for the next three months. Should the shipments be delayed, damaged or worse scenario, go missing…..I don’t really want to know! They have the tracking number, it will be up to them to chase DHL in their respective country. Many of them haven’t paid me yet, but frankly, I don’t give a damn. I’m 99.9% confident that they will sell everything by the 24th December, so if they wish me to supply again, they’ll pay.

I want to scream a great whopping YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Today has been the first day I feel a sigh of relief in months. My shoulders freed of the cast iron weight it  burdened. To celebrate, I had a luxurious bubble bath at lunch time! A birthday present which had been sitting on the bathroom shelf collecting dust. The few grams of dirt that I had picked up in the last few days is all washed away. I feel fabulous, I feel 2 stones lighter. I bounced down Staines road to collect Maxine from school. The gusty wind lifted me into the air with every step I took.

Comparably, this is how someone, with a 9-5 Mon-Fri job, would feel on Friday afternoons. That’s every week! Wow, lucky bastards. Yes, but I have nothing to do for the next two and half months. Well, nothing stressful, just niceties like taking photos of the new collection, research about new trends, look online for decent lightings for the exhibition stand and if I’m feeling creative; bang out a few new designs. I may even give Clemente, my Filipino supplier, a call to see how his stomach surgery went and discuss the possibilities a distributorship for 2011. Oh, most importantly, there’s Christmas to plan! Tree, deco, presents, games, table settings and colour scheme. I think traditional  red and white with an abundance of holly would be fitting. A goose has been fluttering around in my mind since September. Lobster or king prawns for starters served with a tepid....errr not sure what...sauce, but will definitely include chives.Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment