Wednesday 4 November 2009

Sam I Am




Saved from the filth and flea infested streets of Sadadell
My mother killed on the side tracks of the road
Our saviour took us to a place of higher planes
Tinky, my deranged sister, and I were taken to a home of an unsuspecting owner
She became our beloved guardian and friend
We lived in a Barcelona high rise, with a flea not in sight
For three long years we had watched the world go by from the faceless facade
Not once did we feel the rain nor the earth beneath our paws
My guardian fed me well and flourished me with much love
Yet my feline soul felt betrayed
My greatest triumph was a blue bottle, caught and devoured. Yuk!
But what choice did we have? Imprisoned within the four walls, flies were welcomed distraction and provided some abstraction
Off we went on a long journey by road and crossed the British Channel
To Twickenham we came, paradise of which, a cat like me, from the streets of Sabadell, can only dream
Trees to climb, fences to mount, window ledges to launch from, sheds to conceal my ambushes. What a warrior I am.
My prey has increased considerably in size; those flies which were once my day’s work have all but disappeared from sight
My new playmates, Moggy and Hamish, are full of fun until they steal my meal
I don’t care for there’s plenty for all
During the darkness of the night, foxes come and forage
They’re scared off me and so it’s okay
What more could a cat like me ask for?
Now I dream of a two legged plump wood pigeon
Now Sam, I, truly, Am





No comments:

Post a Comment